What is SparkCC?
SparkCC is a makerspace located on the Central Coast of NSW, Australia.
What is a makerspace?
makerspace: a community operated workspace where people with common interests, often in computers, machining, technology, science, digital art or electronic art, can meet, socialize and collaborate. --wikipedia
Who goes to SparkCC?
Anybody who enjoys making things or has a desire to learn to make things will feel right at home at SparkCC. Makers under the age of 18 are very welcome but must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
What do people make at SparkCC?
Anything and everything! The only limit on what you create at SparkCC is your own imagination. SparkCC is a place where makers of all walks of life can work individually or in collaboration to create amazing things.
Take a look at our blog posts or our Facebook page to learn about some of the projects SparkCC makers have been working on.
Where is SparkCC located?
Unit 4/6 Davids Close,
New South Wales,
When is SparkCC open?
Regular opening times are as follows:
||19:00 - 21:00
||10:00 - 16:00 (currently only on the 2nd Saturday of every month)
The space is occasionally open at other times to host special events such as meetups and workshops.
As our membership grows so too will our opening hours.
Like SparkCC on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and add us to your Google Calendar to keep up to date and find out when the space if open for making.
How much is membership?
- Every maker's first visit is free. But once you see SparkCC, you're gonna want to come back!
- Membership is $40/month. This entitles you to visit the space whenever it is open and use all available equipment. You also get a say in the future of the space.
- "Starving Maker" membership is $20/month. Same rights as standard membership. Granted at committee discretion to those in financially difficult circumstances, (students, unemployed, pensioners etc).
- Casual visits are $10/visit. For safety reasons access to equipment is at the committee's discretion.
- Donations welcome! Remember the space is not-for-profit and for the benefit of all. If you can afford to chip in additional funds or you have tools or equipment you think SparkCC could use, all donations are gratefully received.
We also occasionaly host special events such as Meetups and tutorials which are open to non-members and may or may not be charged separately.
How do I find out more?
- Subscribe to the SparkCC newsletter.
- Visit SparkCC on Facebook. Like our page and send us a message!
- Follow SparkCC on Twitter.
- Read some of the SparkCC blog posts to see what we've been up to.
- Send SparkCC an email with any questions you have. We'd love to hear from you!